Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on ARM

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on ARM
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 11:02:30 -0700

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Monahan-Mitchell, Tim <address@hidden> wrote:

>> You don't have enough RAM ... SWIG that generates the python wrapper
>> will generate C++ source of like 20-30Mo, which when compilin will
>> require like > 1Go of RAM !!!

Does anyone know of a good swap file size? I had success with 4M for v3.6.4.1,
but I don't want to be greedy.

Tom Rondeau made a change to the build to break the SWIG generation for gr-blocks into three steps.  While it doesn't help with the compile time as much, it does knock down the memory requirements for g++ on the generated SWIG wrappers.

This change, though is on the master branch, and won't make it to a stable release until 3.6.5.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services