Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some new 802.15.4 stuff

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some new 802.15.4 stuff
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:40:13 +0200

Hi Dingwen,

On 04/19/2013 05:16 PM, Dingwen Yuan wrote:
I played a bit with your examples. The tx all works perfect. But for rx,
sometimes I get the "hello gnuradio" messages, sometimes not. What
daughterboard are you using, I use the RFX2400.

Cool, that it compiles and at least does *something* :)

I use a XCVR2450 with an N210. Up until now I did not do any real performance measurements, but with the PCAP output it sould be easy to quantify your losses. You can just open the PCAP file, with Wireshark for example, and immediately see how many packets you received. Note that currently all packets are written to PCAP (i.e. CRC is not checked).

If you think its a bug in the code and let's say the packet format is wrong and thus every n-th packet is wrongly encoded, then you can check it with the loopback flow graph.

Some other stuff you could try:
- more gain
- less gain :)
- other channel (if you have a lot of WiFi traffic there)
- are your USRPs close to each other? Try moving them some meters apart from each other.

Just out of curiosity, did you try the transceiver? Is it working for you?

Hope it helps,
Bastian