[Discuss-gnuradio] GRC and dynamically created message ports

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC and dynamically created message ports
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 16:13:28 +0200

Hi all,

I am working on a simple network stack like block, or call it message multiplexer. I want to dynamically create message ports of different types (think unicast and broadcast connections).

As for as I see, the current implementation does not allow this as

- the keys to uniquely identify message ports are their names, in contrast to numbers as for the other ports. The algorithm to remove and insert, however, expects numbers as in

def insert_port(get_ports, get_port, key):
   prev_port = get_port(str(int(key)-1))

- Multiple varying ports are not working. The first one is OK the others get deleted. This is due to the 'master_ports' selection and the insertion logic.

I made some changes and, at least for me, everything is working, but I don't know if this is supposed to be fixed like this.

It would be great if someone could have a look at it
https://github.com/bastibl/gnuradio/commits/master

I used this block definition for testing
https://gist.github.com/bastibl/5425927

and I don't experience this issue
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/489

Best,