Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some new 802.15.4 stuff

From: Dingwen Yuan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some new 802.15.4 stuff
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:13:55 +0200

Hi Bastian,

Thanks for your reply.

I use a XCVR2450 with an N210. Up until now I did not do any real performance measurements, but with the PCAP output it sould be easy to quantify your losses. You can just open the PCAP file, with Wireshark for example, and immediately see how many packets you received. Note that currently all packets are written to PCAP (i.e. CRC is not checked).

If you think its a bug in the code and let's say the packet format is wrong and thus every n-th packet is wrongly encoded, then you can check it with the loopback flow graph.

I think the loopback works. I get some logs in the gnuradio-companion likes this:
Hello World!
ut
Hello World!
ut
Hello World!
ut
Hello World!
ut

Some other stuff you could try:
- more gain
- less gain :)
- other channel (if you have a lot of WiFi traffic there)
- are your USRPs close to each other? Try moving them some meters apart from each other.
Changing gain and the direction of antenna really improves the packet reception rate. I have just one USRP, therefore I tried the communication between USRP and your contiki code.
The log I got always look like a number of Os folowing by Hello Gun Radio, like OOOOOOOOOHello Gnu Radio. What does the O means?

Just out of curiosity, did you try the transceiver? Is it working for you?
I tried transceiver, it doesn't work. But tx works perfectly.
BTW, what have you changed in your code in comparison with the original UCLA Zigbee.

Regards,

Dingwen