Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with GRC after installation with build-gn

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with GRC after installation with build-gnuradio
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 04:47:39 -0400

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Tim Esemann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed GR with the build-gnuradio script from Marcus. In the past
> it worked well on several machines, but now I have a problem with the
> gnuradio companion after installation. Once I start the grc from the command
> line I get a segmentation fault:
>
> address@hidden:~/source$ gnuradio-companion Segmentation fault (core
> dumped)
>
> Unfortunately I get no more error information. After "dmesg" I got:
>
> [91365.599988] gnuradio-compan[28920]: segfault at 26356 ip 0000000000026356
> sp 00007fffa6004ca8 error 14 in python2.7[400000+271000]
>
> In the past (with an older GR version) GRC worked fine on this machine. Does
> anyone have an idea that might help me?
>
> Everything else, i.e uhd_find_devices and other python code, works fine.
> I've uploaded the logfile from installation with build-gnuradio to:
>
> http://www.cosa.fh-luebeck.de/download/gnuradio/
>
> I'm using a:
> Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz × 8
> ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit)
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards,
> Tim Esemann

Tim,

I suggest you try running build-gnuradio again (after removing any
currently installed versions of GNU Radio). You might have gotten hit
when we updated the branches for the 3.7 release and before Martin was
able to update the build script. If you run build-gnuradio now, you
should be installing version 3.6.5.1, which should be the same as
you've been using for a while (with some bug fixes).

You can use 'gnuradio-config -v' to see what version is installed to make sure.

Tom