[Discuss-gnuradio] Help QAM decoding

From: tom sutherland
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help QAM decoding
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 20:15:40 -0700 (PDT)

I have audio block feeding a 16QAM modulator block and that directly connected to a 16QAM demodulator block. This connection is "complex" where I am assuming the I-Q is being passed as a complex number. I want to feed the output of the 16QAM modulator back out an audio output block then pass it back in via a Audio Input block and then through the 16QAM demodulator.
Questions:
1) How would I would I pass out the modulated 16QAM signal? ( I was thinking about taking the magnitude of the complex(I-Q) signal out of the 16QAM module)
2) If I read back the 16QAM modulated signal, it will be a "real" signal. How do I produce the I-Q channels for feeding the 16QAM demodulator.

Thanks...Tom