Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using Gnuradio Companion to send identical signal

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using Gnuradio Companion to send identical signals with usrp1 to XCRV2450 and sbx daughter boards
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:48:39 +0000 (UTC)

It would be useful to see your exact flow-graph.

Also, how old is your USRP1?

What rev of UHD code are you running?

on Jul 22, 2013, mario behn <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

sorry for sending the email to both list, but it seems it might be a joint topic. Please advise ma if I'm wrong.

However here is my situation:

I have send identical signals (1MHz sinusoidal) to these two daughter boards and measured the actual output signal with a spectrum analyzer as described is the linked file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54059714/2013JUL22_Eval_USRP1_XCVR2450_SBX_pub.pdf

The XCRV gives the DC-leakage at carrier, my signal at carrier + 1 MHz and the image at carrier - 1 MHz. But the SBX only gives a 14 MHz wide something I cannot classify.

Maybe the SBX is broken? Maybe it doesn't work correctly with the USRP1 and Gnuradio?

Any advise is appreciated.

Mario