Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7.0building problem on RHEL6.0

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7.0building problem on RHEL6.0
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:40:41 -0400

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
> Isn't PyQwt required for gr-qtgui?  I didn't think PyQwt compiles with Qwt >=
> 6.0 (from source; maybe for GNU Radio's purposes Qwt >= 5.2 are ABI
> compatible enough).
>
> I've verified that GNU Radio compiles using Qwt 6.0, but I don't think I'll
> be able to get PyQwt to compile using Qwt >= 6.0 [Some time in the past, I
> added a comment to the py*-pyqwt portfile stating "This port is does not work
> with Qwt 6 (any longer; not sure if it ever did)."].
>
> Thoughts? - MLD

Yes, this is an understood problem. PyQWT has stopped development work
on it's current path and will not support Qwt6. Luckily, they are ABI
compatible enough that I have never had a problem using PyQwt 5.2
working with Qwt 6.0. It's a fragile relationship that will surely
fail at some point. I'm just hoping that point is at a time when
there's a fix or alternative to PyQwt.

Tom