Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI Scope frozen and error-msg gr_vmcircbuf_de

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI Scope frozen and error-msg gr_vmcircbuf_default_factory: Invalid argument
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:07:59 -0400

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Kees de Groot
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear gnuradio-enthousiasts:
>
> I get the folowing error-message from gnuradio when I use the WX GUI Scope
> from the WX Gui Widgets:
>
> °?X?\lonneke\AppData\Roaming\.gnuradio\prefs\gr_vmcircbuf_default_factoryC:\Program
> Files (x86)\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\gnuradio\grc\gui\Dialogs.py:36:
> GtkWarning: gtk_text
> _buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
>   self.insert = lambda line: text_buffer.insert(text_buffer.get_end_iter(),
> line)
> : Invalid argument
> Þ?X?\lonneke\AppData\Roaming\.gnuradio\prefs\gr_vmcircbuf_default_factory:
> Invalid argument
>
> I can see the scope but the image is frozen.
>
> I tried soo many things (and learned a lot from that) but I am stuck now.
> What can I do?
>
> Regards,
>
> Kees

What OS are you using? What version of GNU Radio?

You can try the old trick of disabling OpenGL. Make and edit
~/.gnuradio/config.conf and add the lines:

[wxgui]
style = nongl

Your error looks more involved than that, but it's possible this will
fix it anyways.

Tom