Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Acceptable sampling rate and LO frequency for USR

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Acceptable sampling rate and LO frequency for USRP LFRX
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:52:22 -0400

On 07/29/2013 02:47 PM, LD Zhang wrote:

Hi,

I have been using GRC and N210 to test my data acquisition scheme. My previous scheme worked well with probably standard sampling rate (10Msps) and LO at DC.

When I switched to a non-standard sampling rate (1.2 Msps) and non-standard LO (1.105 MHz), all hell seems to break loose.

One message appears to be helpful, says: “Hardware does not support requested sampling rate, request 1.200.. Msps, actual 1.2048… Msps.

I suspect my requested LO of 1.105 MHz also may not be met, but there is no message saying that.

My question is: how do my find out the LFRX supported sampling rate and LO frequency?

Thanks,

LD

The daughtercards don't know anything about sample rate.

The available sample rates are determined by the motherboard hardware.  In the case of the N210, the selected sample rate must be
  a proper integer fraction of the fixed ADC sample rate, which is 100Msps.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator