Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.6.4.2 test fail

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.6.4.2 test fail
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:50:15 +0200

Ok, thank you Tom, I'll try with installing. All this mess about version came cause I need to implement message passing, and thus I designed two blocks, message receiver and mesage sender. Si, the blocks are pretty simple, but I have following error when running:

  File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/test/msg_sender.py", line 33, in __init__
    out_sig=[None])

and this at the end of traceback:
TypeError: data type not understood

Because of this I assume that my version doesn't support this kind of python blocks. How can I check that?

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Nemanja Savic <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ah, we posted in the same time, so the answer was on Martin's question. I
> have already tried to build 3.6.5.1 but without success. I try again. As for
> the patch, I must ask somebody in the house to help me, or I will try to
> change my files directly.
> I wonder what migjt be the problwm if i now do sudo make install, in my
> opinion I should just avoid the test function that are not implemented in
> 2.6 python. I also don't kow for what is used this file_metadata, but if I
> never use it than there should be no problems?
>
> Cheers,
> Nemanja

There are file_metadata_sink and _source blocks that save/read data to
files with added metadata headers. There's a page in the manual to
describe them:
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_metadata.html

If you're not using them and don't plan to, then you shouldn't worry
about those failed QA tests. Or you could simply patch them to get rid
of the calls to assertGreater and you'll be ok, too.

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4