Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] flowgraph with async messaging hangs on calling w

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] flowgraph with async messaging hangs on calling wait()
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:56:37 -0400

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Mark Cottrell
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have written a sync block that takes in samples and outputs messages
> (similar to tagged_stream_to_pdu), but when writing a test for the block I
> found that when I called top_block.run(), the test never finished, as it
> appears to be hanging on the call to top_block.wait().
>
> The flow graph for the test is as follows:
> non-repeating file source -> my block -> message_debug
>
> is hanging the expected behaviour?  I can work around it by counting the
> number of items written by the file source, but it would be nice to have it
> terminate of its own accord.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Mark,

No, that's not expected behavior. When the file sink finishes, it
should set the DONE stage in the scheduler that should indicated to
every down stream block that they are also done.

Make sure that there isn't something happening where your block isn't
getting stuck in 'work' at this point.

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4