Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to specify (const char *) type in xml

From: Manu T S
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to specify (const char *) type in xml
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 00:07:49 +0530

Got fixed when I used file_open type.

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Manu T S <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Everyone.

I have made an OOT module gr-ldpc. The ldpc encoder loads the parity check matrix data from a file. The constructor of this class takes as input the file name as parameter of type " const char * ".

I used following in param sector in the xml file.
  <param>
    <name>File</name>
    <key>alist_file</key>
    <type>const char *</type>
  </param>

I also tried using the following

  <param>
    <name>File</name>
    <key>alist_file</key>
    <type>str</type>
  </param>

To specify the file in the encoder block (in grc) I made a variable block and specified the file name within double quotes "file_name", and used the variable_id in place of the corresponding parameter in the encoder block. In both the cases the block is colored red and I can't run the flow-graph.

What could I use to specify the file name?

--
Manu T S

--
Manu T S