[Discuss-gnuradio] 49MHz Rtl_sdr receiver

From: William Pretty Security
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 49MHz Rtl_sdr receiver
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:44:36 -0400

Hello list;

I have been following a thread by Marcus and others about coherent receivers, etc.

I have a question: Is it possible to change the clock frequency to receive a slightly lower frequency?

I have some ~ 49.89MHz wireless mic’s that I would like to reuse, and an SDR seems like a cool solution.

My current RTL dongle bottoms out at exactly 50MHz L Can I just change the clock or are their firmware issues as well?

Right now if a try and set the frequency to say 45MHz, I get a “device not found” error from the Windoze software.

Thanks;

Bill