Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dual coherent channel rtl_sdr

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dual coherent channel rtl_sdr
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:41:50 -0400

On 09/26/2013 06:32 PM, Heath Hunnicutt wrote:
Juha,

Ordinarily, I would choose to feed a clock into xtal_in, this seems logical.
However check out the Elonics patent:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/patog/week49/OG/html/1385-1/US08324978-20121204.html

The main thing to note is that square-wave clock input should be fed to
xtal_in for the elonics chip.

If you read that patent, it may give you some ideas about feeding a clock to
xtal_in of other chips.  Maybe other chips will also expect a sawtooth in
the linear region of voltage swing, not rail-to-rail square wave.  Note the
comments in that patent on jitter at square wave, etc.,

Nobody on this thread has stated whether they are using e4000 or r820.  That
would probably be helpful.