Re: Gnuradio 3.8 on embedded [ARM] systems

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: Gnuradio 3.8 on embedded [ARM] systems
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 12:24:40 -0500

[I know, I know, necro-replying... but the thread has recent posts.....]

On 5/26/20 2:59 PM, jean-michel.friedt@femto-st.fr wrote:
..., we have put together a short documentation
on using Buildroot to generate an image supporting GNU Radio including
Osmosdr DVB-T source, USRP (libuhd) sources and Pluto-SDR (gr-iio) and yet
optimized for the target system: the document is available at

https://github.com/oscimp/PlutoSDR/blob/master/doc/gnuradio_on_RPi.pdf

That link didn't work for me; https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oscimp/PlutoSDR/master/doc/gnuradio_on_RPi_English.pdf does.

Regardless, this is a great resource and I thank you.  I was not familiar with the Buildroot system; what a great project.  I see my other embedded board, the ODroid C2, is also supported.  Thanks so much for putting the document together.

I have used the RPi {3,4} and the ODroid C2 in both headless and desktop modes; these boards do a decent job in terms of a desktop experience if you think of them as 'instruments with a display' instead of general-purpose desktops (although the RPi 4 and the C2 are capable enough for lower-range desktop duties).  I could see a touchscreen-attached RPi4 or C2 driving an antenna control system with GNUradio providing a GUI graph display as well as motion controls for antenna operations; RPi4/ODroid C2 and the like seem ideal platforms for such use.  I'm thinking for projects for groups such as the Amateur-DSN, SARA, and other like-minded folks.