Re: Have there been recent changes in DnD?

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: Have there been recent changes in DnD?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:37:10 +0100

On 2008-01-10 21:46:38 +0100 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

> Andreas Schik wrote:
>> since I 'upgraded' to yesterdays SVN og GNUstep I do have problems
>> with DnD in GNUMail. Have there been any changes in the underlying
>> mechanisms making it necessary to change applications?
>>

> The basic mechanism hasn't changed since April last year. What has
> changed a bit was the implementation for NSTableVie and NSTextView.
> Are
> you using subclasses of these?
It looks like GNUMail is using a subclass of NSTableView in the mail
window. This table is the source of the operation. What I found out so
far is that the target of the operation (outline view) in the method -
outlineView:validateDrop:proposedItem:proposedChildIndex: receives
NSDragOperationNone in the NSDraggingInfo object ([info
draggingSourceOperationMask]), no matter which modifier I press down.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Mail: andreas dot schik at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

PGP Key is available from the MIT key server (pgp.mit.edu).