From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Loading xibs
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 17:46:12 +0200

Hi!

Yesterday, after being slightly frustrated by Gorm (NHF Greg :)) in Zcode I
attempted to load xibs instead of gorm files. I also attempted to use nibs from
the compiled build of the app from OS X.

Neither worked.

Is someone more intimate with xib loading code willing to take a look at the
issues? The source code is available in a Mercurial repository, all that you
would need to change is GNUmakefile. You'd have to replace references to .gorm
files with references to .xib files:

hg clone https://bitbucket.org/ivucica/zcode/ zcode

A few notes about Zcode:
- Compiling is done in a standard way: ./configure, make.
- Project makes heavy use of Objective-C 2.0 and is most recently tested with
GCC 4.6 on Debian
- I'm making use of NSViewControllers, I have several top level objects, I have
an outline view with images, I have tons of autoresizing, ...

GNUstep libraries that i used: svn r32902
--
Ivan Vučica
ivan@vucica.net - http://ivan.vucica.net/