Re: fix for startup of AClock

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: fix for startup of AClock
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 01:43:17 +0200

Hi Fred,

I cleaned up some of the old apps that way, but only recently discovered that the apps do not start up at all if written that way. Sebastian essentially confirms this.

Even if the fix is quite simple, I don't understand why it broke. It doesn't work for me on plain 32biit x86 and sparc on linux or NetBSD iwth the gcc runtime. Thus it is not at all libobjc2 or clang.

Riccardo

Fred Kiefer wrote:
All these patches are nice and fine and should be applied. But there seems to be an underlying issue with libobjc2 that should be fixed as well. The old code is sub-optimal but I cannot see an obvious bug in it, it should actually work. And if it doesn't then it is the runtime that is at fault here.

David, could you please look into this? And if it isn't the runtime that is wrong here, please explain why the old code was wrong. We or at least I could learn a bit more about the details of Objective-C here.