Re: fix for startup of AClock

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: fix for startup of AClock
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:14:34 -0500

So this works for you?  That's great.

Just one thing, not that it really matters, but you don't need to call -stop from -sound:didFinishPlaying:.  At this point the the code in NSSound would have already stopped and cleaned up.  As a matter of fact, you should get NO from the call to -stop.

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 05/06/11 16:09, Stefan Bidi wrote:
> FYI, that patch is incorrect and will probably not work as intended.
> You need to wait for NSSound to finish playing the sound before you
> can send -play again or else it just doesn't do anything.  For this to
> work you'll need to setup a delegate that responds to
> -sound:didFinishPlaying: to find out when the sound is done and send
> -play again from there.  Looping won't work here.
>
> I haven't look at the rest of the file, but it also looks like you're
> leaking the NSSound instance.  You call -initWithContentsOfFile:,
> -retain, -play and than -release.  The init method returns an instance
> with retainCount == 1.  It's been a while since I look at the NSSound
> but if I remember correct the instance isn't retained when you call
> -play, so you can't call -release immediately after it either.  You
> must setup the delegate correctly and release the object from there.

Attached a new try to work with NSSound. This time I use the
sound:didFinishPlaying delegate. Now it also plays the cuckoo in the loop.
It work now for me, but anyways, there still maybe sth. wrong with it,
so beware. In case there is still sth. wrong with it, I'd like to know ;)

cheers,
Sebastian