Re: Plists and array of integers

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Plists and array of integers
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:24:11 +0100

On 11 Jul 2011, at 23:48, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> grr contains a plist file (HTML-entities essentially escape codes for special
> chars) which contains values which are later read as integer in the code by:
>
> value = [[entityDictionary objectForKey: escape] intValue]
>

> Now, the plist values are written like
>
> xxx = <*I666>;

That's a GNUstep specific plist format for an integer.

> This works under gnustep, but Mac doesn't parse that plist file.
>
> xxx = 666;

That's an OpenStep plist string

> works on the Mac. Does GNUstep accept this too?

GNUstep accepts OpenStep and GNUstep and OSX (XML) text formats (as well as
GNustep and OSX binary formats).

> Why the difference? Am I missing something?

The difference is because one is an NSNumber written as a plist and the other
is an NSString ... the original OpenStep text format for plists did not support
NSNumber (or NSDate).