JetBrains CLion - support for Objective-C?

From: Christopher Hatton
Subject: JetBrains CLion - support for Objective-C?
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 23:49:42 +1000

Dear GNUstep team,

Firstly; thank you for your wonderful efforts which enabled me (frankly, against expectations) to achieve a fully working Objective-C 2.0 build chain (properties, blocks, GCD etc.) on Debian Linux, this weekend!

Which brings me onto the next part:  IDE.  I’m accustomed to using JetBrains excellent IDE ‘AppCode’ for Objective-C editing for iOS.  This product is iOS focused and only available on OS-X. Not suitable for developing with GNUstep.

However, JetBrains have recently released a C/C++ IDE called CLion.  Presently it has no ObjC support but I think it could do wonders for Objective-C outside Apple-land, if they would round-out support for the entire C-family by integrating the ObjC-syntax aspect from AppCode to CLion.

It may be that there’s not enough interest, but if you would like to see this, it may be worth signing into their bug-tracker and voting for the issue.

Here is my feature request:

https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/CPP-3353

Thanks,

Chris Hatton