Re: ProjectCenter on Windows (mingw32) : trouble launching gdb.

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter on Windows (mingw32) : trouble launching gdb.
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 17:58:19 +0100

Hi,

emmanuel wrote:
I've made my "helloworld" first app, builded it and launched it from PC. Everything works fine ! But when I try to debug, I get this message : "No executable ! Please build the project first."

My config : in "PreferencesÂ…", the Root Build Directory is unset (blank) and the Debugger has been set to : "C:/GNUstep/bin/gdb.exe".

I fixed that... the debug code was not updated the same way as the run code to make a smart guess and detection of the executable launch path.
I fixed that.

However this reveals a crashed in windows which I do not knowwhere comes from and which does not reproduce on unix.

Furthermore, i doscovered that on Unix (at least on NetBSD) the debugger is not really usable anymore: while it has a console and launches, it never stops the run process with pause, so it is not very useful. I am pretty sure it used to work though.

Riccardo