Re: dbuskit with latest gnustep-base

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: dbuskit with latest gnustep-base
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 09:20:57 +0100

> On 19 Apr 2017, at 11:15, Sebastian Reitenbach
> <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> trying to update gnustep-make/base on OpenBSD amd64, dbus-1.10.16:
> building of dbuskit fails with:
>
> /usr/local/lib/libunistring.so.0.1: warning: warning: stpcpy() is dangerous;
> do not use it
> ../Source/DBusKit.framework/Versions/Current/./libDBusKit.so.0.0: undefined
> reference to `GS_GC_HIDE'
> ../Source/DBusKit.framework/Versions/Current/./libDBusKit.so.0.0: undefined
> reference to `GS_GC_UNHIDE'
> clang-4.0: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
>
> If I see that right, support for Garbage Collection is gone, and therefore,
> those macros as well.
> Therefore I just removed them to get it to build.

Thanks.

> However, there's still a bunch of worrying warnings, in case of interest,
> find attached full build log.

I had a quick look through and what I saw seemed to be printf format errors to
do with size and sign of different integers.
I suspect none will actually do real harm (though perhaps on an architecture
where sizeof(long) != sizeof(int) there may be some which could cause a crash).
I guess what needs to be done is just checking what the actual types of the
format arguments are and using the standard posix formats to correspond to them
(or casting the arguments to match the format used).