Re: GNUMail app and gmail

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUMail app and gmail
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 19:40:35 +0100

Hi,

Ivan Vučica wrote:

Yeah, something seemingly released in October 2007 would be rather old.

Try http://www.nongnu.org/gnustep-nonfsf/gnumail/index.html for the latest release, and the gnustep-nonfsf project page on Savannah for the absolutely latest source code: http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gnustep-nonfsf/ (committed as recently as 2 wk ago: http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnustep-nonfsf/).

absolutely, GNA went down, so "gnustep-nonfsf" had to be migrated as gnustep itself. We migrated it.
Having latest source is important. You might try release or SVN.
Be sure to get both Pantomime and GNUMail !

I can't guarantee GNUMail will work with gmail, but it should at least connect, since other people were able to use it. A typical issue is the huge number of mails in a single mailbox that may cause issues.

Riccardo