Re: Use of NSZoneStat()

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Use of NSZoneStat()
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 16:25:59 +0000

What you're doing won't work, as far as I can tell.

Header:

/** Deprecated ...<br />
 *  Obtain statistics about the zone.  Implementation emphasis is on
 *  correctness, not speed.  Not defined by OpenStep or OS X.
 */
struct NSZoneStats
NSZoneStats (NSZone *zone);

Implementation:

static struct NSZoneStats
default_stats (NSZone *zone)
{
  struct NSZoneStats dummy = {0,0,0,0,0};

  /* We can't obtain statistics from the memory managed by malloc(). */
  [NSException raise: NSGenericException
      format: @"No statistics for default zone"];
  return dummy;
}

static NSZone default_zone =
{
  default_malloc, default_realloc, default_free, default_recycle,
  default_check, default_lookup, default_stats, 0, @"default", 0
};

NSZone*
NSDefaultMallocZone (void)