Re: GNUstep and valgrind

From: amon
Subject: Re: GNUstep and valgrind
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 23:23:15 -0500

Just for the enjoyment and edification to anyone who is
watching, the answer to my question about NSLog() is 'no'.
It is not leaking. valgrind gives an LPL response, but
running my own tester shows no loss of pool space after
running it 100 times:

  ZoneInfoPrint(NSZoneFromPointer( (void*) tmp));
  for (i=0; i<100; i++) {NSLog(@"Does this suck storage?");}
  ZoneInfoPrint(NSZoneFromPointer( (void*) tmp));

        Total           =    1794048 bytes
        Used            =    1154304 bytes
        Free            =     639744 bytes
                100 NSLog messages...
        Zone Storage Info
        Total           =    1794048 bytes
        Used            =    1154304 bytes
        Free            =     639744 bytes

So I think I am convinced I can suppress this in valgrind.

|   Dale Amon                  Immortal Data                    |
|   CEO             Midland International Air and Space Port    |
| amon@vnl.com       "Data Systems for Deep Space and Time"     |