Re: GNUstep + libobjc2 and powerpc ( was "libobjc2 on powerpc")

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep + libobjc2 and powerpc ( was "libobjc2 on powerpc")
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:13:47 +0000

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 11:58, bertrand <bertrand.dekoninck@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But I've got another error now : a segfault in conftest
>
> In file included from conftest.c:108:
> In file included from ././config/config.objc.m:2:
> ././config/objc-common.g:54:3: warning: assignment to Objective-C's isa
> is deprecated in favor of object_setClass()
> [-Wdeprecated-objc-isa-usage]
>  obj->isa = self;
>  ^  ~~~~~~~
>  object_setClass( , )
> ././config/objc-common.g:47:5: note: instance variable is declared here
> id isa;
>    ^
> 1 warning generated.
> configure:7834: $? = 0
> configure:7834: ./conftest
> ./configure: line 1875:  3111 Segmentation fault      ./conftest
> $ac_exeext
> configure:7834: $? = 139
> configure: program exited with status 139
> configure: failed program was:
>
> Complete config.log attached

That then, begins to look like a possible libobc2 bug.

The log file provides both the command used to build the test and the text of
the test program (a load of defines, the tiny config/config.objc.m program, and
the include of objc-common.g).
Using that you can reproduce the test executable that crashed.
You can then run it under gdb to find ot where and how the crash is occurring
(look at the stack etc).