Re: GNUstep + libobjc2 and powerpc ( was "libobjc2 on powerpc")

From: Josh Freeman
Subject: Re: GNUstep + libobjc2 and powerpc ( was "libobjc2 on powerpc")
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:46:16 -0400

On Mar 22, 2018, at 7:58 AM, bertrand wrote:

configure: error: The Objective-C compiler does not work or is not installed properly.

The line in the config file that's important is the error immediately before it tests for a working objc:

./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/ libdispatch.so.0: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0fc83f40 for symbol `gettimeofday' out of range

So the problem is with libdispatch. I'm not the sort of linker/ compiler guru who can tell you why there's a relocation issue or what to do about it though. Possibly there are compiler flags (that you could put in CFLAGS before configuring) to deal with it, or possibly it's something wrong with the way libdispath itself was built.

Josh had it !

Thanks, but that wasn't me - Richard & Wolfgang found the libdispatch issue.