libobj2 changes

From: Andreas Fink
Subject: libobj2 changes
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 16:55:50 +0200

Hello all,

I upgraded my gnustep and libobjc libraries to the latest version and I
suddenly get strange effects in my app that internal communication is
lost and reestablished all the time. I suspect some new exceptions being
thrown I don't catch properly and thus threads are ending or the like.
The release notes to libobjc2  hint some changes in this area.

I wonder what the easiest way would be to debug such an issue. I often
trow NSException in my communication processing code (if packets are
wrong, can not be decoded, sockets are closed and the like) and catch it
further up. But there must be some new exceptions out there which are
thrown which wherent before which I don't catch correctly and I wonder
what I could have missed.

Note: the application is not crashing or quitting...

If you have any good idea on how to diagnose such a problem, let me know.

My working release of libobjc2 is 1.9
The new one is from the repo (2.1 currently)