Re: Notes from GNUstep quarterly meet up...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Notes from GNUstep quarterly meet up...
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 16:55:45 +0200

Hi,

Patryk Laurent wrote:

A while ago, over at https://gnustep.github.io/ I organized site pages and links into ”for users” and “for developers” and “external”.  I think that is a start towards catering to the different kinds of users. Previously it was harder to find the right documentation...

I checked and thought a bit over it... I don't like it. It makes one think that if you are a "Developer" you can ignore the "Experience" and vice-versa. That is wrong.
A user maybe is only interested in the experience and in getting help.
A Developer might (actually "should") be interested also in the context.

However, you are probably right in the fact that we can change the "base hooks". We made the base menu very high-level. E.g. perhaps the developer documentation should get a base-link in the menu instead of having to go through Developers -> Manuals and Documentation?

Also perhaps "Developers" should be renamend "Development" to be consistent with Experience.

E.g.:
[Development]
  Apps & Tools (as is to Developer tools)
  Documentation (-> direct to developers/documentation.html)
  Developer Resources (-> to current developers/index.html)
  Developer Blogs (as is... could also be removed and put into developer resources, it is not that important I think)

What do you think ?

Riccardo