Re: gnustep.org has been down for the past few days

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: gnustep.org has been down for the past few days
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 11:56:05 +0100

It should hopefully really be a one-step upgrade, if the documentation is right, but you never know with software seemingly released in 2004/2005...

sent from phone

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022, 07:53 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi Ivan

Ivan Vučica wrote:
> We have a problem. All the PHP software, including the old MediaWiki,
> is so old that it's still using numerous deprecated functions such as
> the old mysql_*() functions that have been removed from PHP in 2015.
>
> I'll proceed with importing the converted data into MariaDB, but
> existing software won't function unless we get a dead pre-7.0 version
> of PHP running (for things like Software Index), or upgrade.third
> party software (such as MediaWiki).

If the new MediaWiki opens/converts the old tables and works, that's
fine, we can live without SoftwareIndex and then upgrade it.
But if we loose the wiki, we need probably to think a two-step upgrade.
Make an older (how old?) virtual machine, get things working and then
upgrade MediaWiki.
Keep us updated.

Riccardo