Re: GNUMail running on macOS 12.6 (Apple Silicon)

From: Marco Cawthorne
Subject: Re: GNUMail running on macOS 12.6 (Apple Silicon)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 11:44:40 -0700

On 2022-09-26 06:52:43 -0700 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>
wrote:

> Hi Hugo,
>

> Hugo Melder wrote:
>> After some patches I got GNUMail and Pantomime up and running on the
>> latest macOS release version!
>

> Nice to see!  shows the extensive work in making it 64bit safe pays off.
>
> If you like you can share your patches so I can check them. GNUMail is
> quite delicate, so it needs a safe approach.
>
> Riccardo

Just wanted to chime in and say that I use and like GNUMail as well.
There are only two minor bugs that get in the way:
- Sometimes when starting, I have to switch between different mailboxes for
message content to show up.
- Also, it gets stuck loading local Maildir messages. Not a big deal right now
but I keep my archives there.

I also want to take this opportunity to mention this patch which has not yet
been merged as of yet (?)
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?54364
Which did wonders for me to address the crashing I experienced when switching
maildirs quickly.

Marco Cawthorne