Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Problem with required PHP version to run Dolibarr

From: Laurent Destailleur (eldy)
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Problem with required PHP version to run Dolibarr
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 00:00:50 +0200

There is still 10% of users with a PHP < 5.2.
This is too important to abandon them.
So we must keep compatibility with 5.1.  But may be this will change when version will be released (user rate decrease with time), for the moment 3.3 is still planned for 5.0 (except odt but this feature is not required to work). A good rate to abandon will be < 3%.

Also note that usage of DateTime is forbidden even after dropping php 5.1 support because we must use the dol_ function instead. This is to be sure to have code that take care of future feature like "user timezone" and daylight saving time.