Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Question about Product dimensions

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Question about Product dimensions
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:17:17 +0100

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Maxime Kohlhaas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all !

I was just wondering why Dolibarr offers to save product length, area (is that the right word ? not surface ?) and volume and not length, width and height, and have area and volume automatically calculated ?

Hi, I was also questioning the same thing to myself, but then concluded that the inverse can also be done, so the depth can be calculates from the surface area / lenght and so on. But really I agree with you, there is no sense to have it done that way, as nearly all things
in this world have those 3 paramenters, lenght, depth and height.

I'm with a customer who want's to have his products dimensions but don't want surface and volume.

Me too.

What do you think if I propose to add width and height and have area and volume auto calculated, with ajax for example ?

I would for sure benefit from it.

Rgds
Saxa

Best regards,