Re: [Dolibarr-dev] json communication in dolibarr ajax calls

From: Marcos García
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] json communication in dolibarr ajax calls
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 12:57:45 +0100

Where did you find that Dolibarr does not use UTF-8?

Regards,

Marcos García
address@hidden

2014-01-30 Christophe Battarel <address@hidden>:
Hello everybody,

I've just had a problem with ajax product search that wasn't working for certain products on document "add line" feature.
After insvestigating, it was "because" mb_string was not active on the server. mbstring is used by the dol_trunc function to take care of the character encoding when truncating strings.

In second thought, i checked deeply our code and realized that there was no utf8 encoding for json strings though it is mandatory ("All string data must be UTF-8 encoded." source: http://us3.php.net/manual/fr/function.json-encode.php)

I prefer first posting a message here to have confirmation of my assertions; then if i'm right, it would be nice to fix it, but i don't realize the amount of work yet.

Best regards
Christophe
--
Christophe Battarel