Re: [Dolibarr-dev] IDE and Code format style ?

From: Destailleur Laurent
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] IDE and Code format style ?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:16:49 +0100

We discussed on that few month ago but i forgot to save conclusion onto developer wiki documentation. I added them onto page:

http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Language_and_development_rules#PHP_Norms

Conclusion is that we use PSR2 with 2 exceptions (see wiki updated page). And there is a checkstyle page to check we follow this.

I work with eclipse 3.7 and if you set up correctly (see page http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Environment_and_development_tools and http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Environment_and_development_tools_-_Optionnal_components), everything looks fine for me.

Hi,

     I was working on stuff in dev branch, and it was long time I didn't get to commit. I copy-paste some code lines from other branch or module (to integrate them into the core) and I've seen a lot of the travis "style" syntax check come into pull request.

     I use Eclipse Kepler (4.3) + PDT as IDE. What is yours ?
      - Notepad++
      - PHP Storm
      - Eclipse Indigo (3.7) + PDT
      - Eclipse Helios (3.6) + PDT
      - Vim
     - others

     This question is to know, if it's hard for you to do "auto format" code ?

     After lot's of try and adjustement, I think I found a PHP->Code Style->Formatter Dolibarr syntax that is complaint with the dev/codesniffer/ruleset.xml.
     I put it in attachement. Mostly base one PSR-0 (the default into Eclipse Kepler 4.3)
     I think that the current code style format is the one use by default by Eclipse Indigo (3.7) or Eclipse Helios (3.6), a code style that I didn't found by defaut into Eclipse Kepler and seems not to be a PSR-0 or other standard code style PHP format.

     Well, I think it would be nice to use a normalize code style format like PSR or other one. I think the devcamp will be a good time to do it. What do you think about it ?

     I know I will hate myself, because when I will want to integrate some code lines from others branches I've done for some projets, a compare/diff between old and new files will thanks to me for this brilliant idea. Ok, so lets go to auto format the all code previous branch and it will do the tricks. andafter that no more problem with formating check style.

     I also know that, for Dolibarr, code style PHP format is not a important matter. But if it can be done with the agreement of lot's of person it will be nice.

Regards.

--
Florian HENRY
address@hidden