Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Questions about webservices

From: Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Questions about webservices
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 23:06:11 +0200

We will try to keep soap api as long as we can.
But it is also clear that future is to the REST API and not SOAP. Dolibarr 5.0 will provide tools to make test and development of REST API easier...

Hello,

i'm working on an ERP and i need to create/update Dolibarr thirdparties and contacts from the ERP, and to generate lots of invoices in batch mode.

I have two options:
- insert/update data directly in the database tables, but when Dolibarr structure changes i have to rewrite/test my code,
- use a web service.

There are REST and SOAP webservices.
REST is easier to consume, but apparently only allows reading objects (only get* methods).
SOAP has methods for creating objects.

Before going further, i have a few questions :

- is the SOAP webservice totally functional, maintained and will stay in future releases ?

- is it possible to create remotely a complete invoice with all details (llx_facture and lines in llx_facturedet) ? someone already did this ?

- I suppose i have to send to the webservice arrays of data with field names, are these fields a mirror of the tables ? I mean, when database structure change, i'll have to change my webservice calls to ?

Thanks !

--
dataetic

Nicolas Dorigny