Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Propoganda starts at home...
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:20:55 +0200

Barry <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yep, and for the short-term that may work out well.  But if MS is truly
> deadset on stamping out the GPL, we may now be considered a primary
> threat to them and a target for litigation.  Even if that litigation is
> unfounded.  But, hey - it could be worse.  If they get to that point, it
> means that they're attacking behaviour outside of the scope of the
> license.  If they do that, we have to stop them somehow.

All we need to do is to be far enough away from all questionale
stuff that any lawsuit from Microsoft against us will be
obviously unfounded.  Then Microsoft cannot afford to launch a
lawsuit against us because it would be a PR debacle and cost
them too much goodwill among their customers.

The position of Ximian with their Mono project might be much less
comfortable, because by the very nature of that project, Mono is
so much closer to what Microsoft has done before.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com