[DotGNU]can we implement Java for our auth system?

From: Jeremy Petzold
Subject: [DotGNU]can we implement Java for our auth system?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:08:15 -0400

there have been disscussions as to making a new pluging for do handle the auth system. I was wondering if it would be possable to implement a Java applet that will use the existing Java plug-ins in the browser. if this is possable, the we would only need one applet and it will run on any java-enabled browser.

is this a practicle Idea? If not, I will have to drink more coffie so I will be able to think more clearly :-)