Re: [DotGNU]can we implement Java for our auth system?

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]can we implement Java for our auth system?
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:50:18 -0400

Jeremy Petzold wrote:

> there have been disscussions as to making a new pluging for do handle
> the auth system. I was wondering if it would be possable to implement a
> Java applet that will use the existing Java plug-ins in the browser. if
> this is possable, the we would only need one applet and it will run on
> any java-enabled browser.
>
> is this a practicle Idea? If not, I will have to drink more coffie so I
> will be able to think more clearly :-)

Could you clearify this a little bit more?  Or, do you need more
information on how the auth system will work?  At first, I thought that
this idea might not work out (although it's not a bad idea at all) - and
I still have my doubts.   I just want more of an explanation to see how
it might fit in conceptually.

Thanks. :)

        -Barry