Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft & Mono

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft & Mono
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:06:56 -0400

It is not nessisarly a bad thing to re-state, even the so called obvious. Yes, this is a good way of expressing the key part of what we wish to do in regards to authentication and data privacy.

David

Jeremy Petzold wrote:

yes, and I am sure this is the general feeling on the project, but I have not
seen it said anywhere, if we can make it so idividuals can create their own
Databanks on a home server/leased space, then that will give us the most power
over .NET.

remember, the bad thing about passport is that the Authorization and Data are
bundled, one will not function without the other. but, if we make it where the
Data is stored on any server, even one the local 15 year old can set up for his
neibors, then have a seperate Auth server sytem that would be managed perhaps
by some sort of govening body sort of like the W3C is to the web, then people
would have total control over their information, and all they would need to do
is to register with the auth server in their area to make thier Databank valid
for use.

I know that this has been the general feeling from Day one, but I just felt
that no one had actualy said it in such totality that one could see the big
picture of how the system is to work.

so, sorry if this is one of those Duh-no-sh*t-stupid sort of thing, but I felt
the need to say it.

am I wrong in one of these areas?