Re: [DotGNU] market and features, was Next week

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] market and features, was Next week
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:10:49 -0400

I had spoken with Werner Koch briefly at the LSM a few weeks past about possibilities for German govt involvement, and it would be interesting to see if there is some real possibilities there for this to actually occur. If you know somebody to contact over there, certainly I think it is worth exploring.

David

Juergen Sawinski wrote:

1. Market place
I was reading a lot about what we want to sell to the world. But some market research wouldn't hurt, does it? Hitting the right spot is how we're going to win!

As far as I have read it, "the berlios project" (http://www.berlios.de) has a lawyer. As they support "open source projects", they could help us in reviewing our stuff in respect to copyright issues. Furthermore the german government is quite active in open source, too (e.g. GNUpg supported by the dep. of economy and technology, or, the ruling party currently thinks about switching all their computers from win to lin).

If you'd like it, I try to get in contact with em.

2. Feature request page (earlier post)
As I told Norbert, I don't have to much time to spend on it for the next 2 weeks. Though, it seems to be quite urgent. So, if there's somebody who's going to help me summarizing the archives I'll gonna do it during the next couple of days. email me directly on address@hidden

George

Jeremy Petzold wrote:

I was thinking, should we send out a copy of the
project outline to the Media sites after it is
published? I would think that it will help alleviate
the confusion of the rest of the world about what we
are doing hear. Or was that the plan all along :)

-Jeremy