Re: [DotGNU]Fwd: Re: AW: dotGNU vindictive anti-mono bias

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Fwd: Re: AW: dotGNU vindictive anti-mono bias
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:19:17 +0200

jpetzold <address@hidden> wrote:

> norbert,
>
> I do think that Martin did, at some points get a bit abrasive, and perhaps a
> little abusive. his lack of realising the overall feeling of the group to
> stick with supporting Java aggravated the issue, however, I feel that if he
> can show that he understands that we are going to keep Java support then we
> should give him a second Chance. as you are the list-admin, I can do nothing
> but suggest. please consider his readmitince.
>
> -Jeremy

Jeremy,
  since Martin has not been kicked off the list there is no need
to "consider readmitince" (I'm using your typo'd spelling of
this word since I don't know to spell it correctly :)

What Martin meant when he talked of being "banned" is that the
list has been configured to hold his posts for manual moderation
(and the mailing list software has informed him about this fact
in a somewhat non-diplomatic manner.)

Martin,
  given how you seem to think about me, I can understand if you
don't want me to be the one who moderates your postings.  Would
it be ok with you if Barry handles that?  (I'm sure that could
be arranged.)

Anyway, I'd certainly be interested in a reply from you
to my request for specifics about your claims related to the
Java licensing problems.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com