Re: [DotGNU]RedCarpet

From: Ted Rolle
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]RedCarpet
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:52:16 -0700 (PDT)

> red carpet is very nice to use. i think we should definitely have a
> similar installation manager for DotGNU.

I like the idea!  Let's use the available technology to ease the
distribution!  The CVS seems to be a rag-tag assemblage with no direction
as to what constitutes any sort of "distribution".  But I believe it's
moving in a "distribution-friendly" direction.  People realize that we
have to break it up into logical parts to build a customized kernel, and
that's happening.

Linux took a lot of lumps as a "hacker/geeky" system.  We don't need that
kind of user experience  -- especially when we know so much more about
distro distribution.

Ted