RE: [DotGNU]RE: Lessig (was Re: As if the DMCA wasn't bad enough)

From: Crist, Ma
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]RE: Lessig (was Re: As if the DMCA wasn't bad enough)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:27:47 -0700

Yeah, the sluggish pace of releasing the source is a frequent topic on their
list.  Their director insists it's close.  On the patent issue, discussions on
their list indicate that the patents are merely defensive to keep someone from
forking and creating a proprietary version of XNS.  Of course, I'm no attorney
and would love to hear one's take on the patent language.

Cheers,
Mike Crist