Re: [DotGNU] Web services to the common user? (Re: [DotGNU]Re: MOSIX as

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Web services to the common user? (Re: [DotGNU]Re: MOSIX as WOS)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:04:49 +1000

Adam Allgaier wrote:

> What MS calls a "new initiative" is really an old idea, rebranded and
> remarketed to convince the world that they need MS.

Yep.  It's "Network Computing" with a new name.  I used to
work on the NC several years ago, and Microsoft's information
on .NET looks very suspiciously like what we used to promote
as the benefits of the NC paradigm.

What's really amusing is that Microsoft once claimed that
the NC was the dumbest idea they had ever heard of and that
something like that would fly only over their dead body.

Now that all the NC vendors are dead or dying, they have
taken the idea, given it a new name, and then claimed to
have invented it.