Re: [DotGNU]Re: MOSIX as WOS

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: MOSIX as WOS
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 06:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- Adam Allgaier <address@hidden> wrote:

> So the short answer is, centralized management of
> resources.  Instead of entering all our data in
> Quicken or Money, our "service provider" pulls all
> that data from our bank, credit card, and investment
> sites and presents that to us in one package.  I
> would use that.  I pay for Quicken.  Why wouldn't I
> pay for the service?
>

>   Bill Lance <address@hidden> wrote:
> The WebServices model asks us to move
> our personal, working, and archival data
> from our local device to the Internet.
>
> Why?

OK, there an answer from an enduser point of view.

Centralized Management of Resources

Can we elaborate on that?

What resources?  Sounds like the emphasis is on
personal data resources.

Management implies that there is a goal to be achived.
 What are those?  Security, stability, accessibility,
privacy ?

What is the enduser trying to achive by using this
Centralized management approach?