[DotGNU]Business plans

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [DotGNU]Business plans
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:04:55 +0100

> What kind of business do you foresee?

As soon as we have a good piece of software, there will be quite
a few opportunities for using it to generate revenue.  This
includes for example:

* Selling nice boxes which contain DotGNU CD-ROMs
* Selling commercial support for DotGNU
* Selling customizations and custom development based on DotGNU
* Selling T-Shirts with the DotGNU logo (since the logo is
  licensed under GPL, it will be necessary to give the buyer of
  a written promise to give them also the image file in Gimp's
  native format, upon request)

There is no proper "business plan" for any of this yet.  And
before going too deeply into commercial plans, we need to put
some structure in place that will ensure that all contributors
can get fairly for their contributions.  This would be the first
task of the "business commission" IMO.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com