Re: [DotGNU].Net vote rigging

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU].Net vote rigging
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:08:36 +1000

Tony Stanco wrote:

> Now, imagine what MS could try to do with e-voting in real elections, given
> the machines will probably run MS software, unless we win this important
> battle.

Actually, in this case the fault is not with MS so much as
with zdnet.  MS didn't build faulty software in this case.
They took advantage of a weakness in someone else's.

Because zdnet's vote software is not open to public review,
it is impossible for the community to help make it rig-proof.
I suggest people surf over to the GNU.FREE project for more
information on e-voting:

http://www.free-project.org/